[tighturl-devel] killbot... again.

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Fri Apr 1 18:42:37 EDT 2011

Michael Taboada wrote:
> Hi,
> I sent a reply to the emails we had been exchanging a while back, but
> i'm not sure if you got it, as you never responded.
> Basically I had said that I got the newest version,
> http://tighturl.com/tighturl.killbot.lib.zip and it had a few things:
> For one, 8 and h were still showing up every email I got, every hour.
> For two, it gave me some error, including a file not found in
> /home2/ron or something like that, which makes me think you forgot to
> remove some server-specific code.
> For three, I have all the things from the killbot add config file in
> my tighturl.config.inc.php, and it still doesn't let me block posts.
> It says:
> Error: Couldn't find a valid URLs4u URI.
> I'm wondering if you need to put something in tighturl.php (in my
> case, index.php), as how else would it know to block the url when I
> went to the correct string?
> Thanks,
> -Michael.

You're right, there's some code in there that should have been
removed.    I've been doing a lot of work on TightURL in the last few
weeks, so I think you should wait for the next release.  In order to
make any forward progress, I really need to focus on that.  I haven't
been able to replicate your problems, so I don't know if you'll still
have them after that, but it will be easier to try and help you at that
point.

- Ron