[tighturl-users] link mismarked as spam?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 27 21:59:28 EDT 2010

Hi TightURL folks!

I made the following post on identi.ca today, using your service running
at 2tu.us:

http://identi.ca/notice/57546629

The tightened URL pointed to a blog post about the Fedora Project
elections:

http://wordshack.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/uncle-panda/

However if you visit the tightened URL it doesn't work, saying:

"The TightURL redirection URL you have requested has been disabled due
to abuse complaints. You should never click on links you got in spam! "

http://2tu.us/2rzm

I would like to know how my link abused TightURL. It certainly wasn't my
intention to abuse it, and if I did so it was unknowingly. I've been
using TightURL for several months now to promote blog posts about Fedora
on my identi.ca account, and I like using it because it uses Free
Software.

Can you tell me what happened?

Thanks,
~m