[tighturl-users] Is the development still going?

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Thu Dec 15 13:15:43 EST 2011

Michael Taboada wrote:
> Hi,
> I looked on the devblog, and I haven’t seen anything there since July or
> so. I was just wondering if you were getting any closer to release and
> if there was a tentative release date yet.

Things have slowed down a bit due to a variety of issues, not the least
of which is a server upgrade that's not quite finished, and a
development system that died.  I expect to be working on it again by
January.  I have done a lot of work that needs to be tested, but right
now I can't really say what's going to get in aside from the internal
job scheduler.

The question of an API still boils down to the amount of work involved,
which has been discouraging.  Pretty much all the REST stuff I've seen
expects you to write your code around it from scratch.  What I really
need to know at this point is if there's any common API being used by
URL shorteners.  Implementing a common, if not standard, API gives the
best chance at being able to use third party tools.

- Ron