[tighturl-users] tighturl question...

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Tue Dec 20 17:17:51 EST 2011

Dave wrote:
> Ron,
> Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realize that i downloaded wrong version.
> I downloaded  the source
> from http://tighturl.com/project/p/tighturl/source/tree/master/ at the
> bottom right which is 0.1.4.  If I would have looked here:
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/tighturl/files/ I would have downloaded
> the 0.1.3.3.

I want to make the development code available, but it leads to problems
like this when I decide to start over from the production version, as I
have a couple of times now.

> If its easier, I can start over and install the correct version.

I think that would be the best thing.  Someone reported a bug in the
shipping version:

  Sebastian Hill wrote:
  > By the way, I believe I have found a typo in your tighturl.php
  > (0.1.3.3) on line 266. I think the preg_match is lacking a
  > closing slash (so preg_match("/^127\./" instead of
  > preg_match("/^127\.").

I'm trying my best to help existing users while at the same time not
letting the old code get in the way of the new code that needs to be
written.  Lots of problems (with my computer and other things) have kept
me from doing anything since June or so, but I should have some time in
January.

> Here is the requested code section (at least i think it is!) :

That was the correct code.  I ran it through "diff". No difference.  Are
you aware of any DNS blocking on your end?  No response would be the
same as "not listed".

I'm going to take a look at what would be involved in a new TightURL
release.  I think the only reason I haven't had a release in a while is
I made some database changes in the spring, and upgrade code would need
to be written.

I might be able to get this out before the end of the month.  You're not
the first person to report strange issues with the blocklist checking
code, but it's going to be hard to help you with that until then.

- Ron