[tighturl-users] tighturl question...

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Wed Dec 21 18:41:40 EST 2011

I was wondering what kind of access you have to the server you run
TightURL on, and whether it's Windows or some kind of *nix?

If you have shell access to your server, for example, I'd like to know
what you get if you ping something listed in SURBL/URIBL.  (You can do
this by putting the domain name in front of "black.uribl.com" to test
that list.)

Something not listed should look like this:
  ~ ping unknownhost224242.com.black.uribl.com
  ping unknown host unknownhost224242.com.black.uribl.com

Something that is listed should look like this:
  ~ ping mail2leads.com.black.uribl.com
  PING mail2leads.com.black.uribl.com (127.0.0.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
  64 bytes from 127.0.0.2: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=0.033 ms

- Ron